Consistent with White Space's philosophy that the body, mind and spirit are connected, it becomes challenging to practice in a space or state that does not reflect the vitality, serenity and harmony intended by our practices. Hence, to maintain the environment and atmosphere needed for the conduct of our various disciplines, White Space requests its practitioners to mindfully observe the following policies:
- Reserve a slot in your intended class as much as possible, especially if your intended class falls between the peak hours of 5:00 to 9:00 pm. Practitioners with reservations will be given priority if the class is full.
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your class to give yourself sufficient time to settle down. If it's your first ever class at White Space, aim to arrive 30 minutes before your class to give yourself time to fill out the relevant forms.
- If you have a relevant medical or physical condition, obtain a written clearance from your attending physician to participate in a mind and body fitness class. Also inform your teacher of your condition.
- Dress in comfortable clothes that don't restrict movement and try to avoid wearing heavy scents of any kind as a courtesy to others.
- Ensure you have enough energy for your intended class but try to refrain from eating during the two hours before the start of your class. If you must eat during this time period, eat lightly.
- You may bring a water bottle, a face towel and mat towel with you to the activity rooms, but avoid bringing food or non-water beverages of any kind. If you don't have a towel with you, you can purchase one at the studio.
- Leave all unnecessary personal belongings in your locker and refrain from leaving them around the studio or with the staff. White Space will not be liable for any lost or stolen items, so refrain from bringing valuables into the studio as much as possible.
- Mats, blocks and straps are provided for free in the activity rooms but feel free to bring your own. If you want to acquire your own mats, blocks and straps, you can purchase these at the studio.
- Help maintain an atmosphere of quiet and serenity in the studio by switching your mobile phone(s) to silent mode before entering and by keeping your voice down while engaging in conversation. Also refrain from bringing your mobile phone(s) into the activity rooms.
- Aim to attend your class from start to finish to get the full benefits of your class. Advise your teacher if you need to leave early for whatever reason and ensure that you have at least 5 to ten minutes to cool down before leaving.
For questions regarding any of our policies, click here.